Globalisation management systems (GMS) are used to automate numerous parts of the human language translation process and maximise translator efficiency. The goal of a globalisation management system is to automate all repeatable and non-essential work that can be done by software, leaving only the creative aspects of translation and review to be performed by human beings.
mLingua has a strong technical background and provides a complete set of globalisation management solutions for the L10n industry that streamlines translation, development, testing, validation and multilingual publishing. Our dedicated team of IT professionals will build a GMS tailored to your specific needs that guarantees:
- Increased efficiency – mLingua’s GMS makes you more time-efficient because it drastically reduces your translation times and streamlines workflows by eliminating time-consuming changes of data formats along the process chain.
- Less manual work – The logistics of sending files back and forth between translators, project managers and reviewers can be time-consuming and problematic. mLingua’s GMS reduces file-sharing and helps project managers track the progress of files through the L10n workflow.
- Faster turnaround – mLingua’s GMS can be configured to alert translators when a new page needs to be translated, contact the editor when it has been translated and inform the project manager when it is ready for publishing. This level of automation facilitates the localisation process.
- Centralised translation memory management – mLingua’s GMS supports translation memories (TM) across the entire company and eliminates the risk of losing a TM following a change of L10n supplier.
- Improved control – Even with hundreds of translation projects under way simultaneously, mLingua’s GMS provides status reports, workflow automation and comprehensive reporting.
- Quality control – As with CMS, checks and balances can be installed to ensure quality. For instance, before a localised web page goes live, a formal sign-off from project manager might be required.
- Change detection and synchronisation – If you have a large decentralised website and are using a CMS, it’s possible to know that someone has changed text somewhere on the site, but often difficult to know which line of text was altered. mLingua’s GMS can scan the modified page using the translation memory to isolate the exact text string that was changed. This particular feature can save project managers significant amounts of time and resources.
- Open integration – mLingua’s GMS open architecture and use of standard formats such as XLIFF and TMX guarantee high interoperability. Whether you want to link to a content management system, an authoring environment, product information system or an enterprise resource planning ERP system – mLingua’s GMS has the right interface.
- Versioning – Versioning is useful for PMs since they can see what new content is planned and allocate resources accordingly. This feature allows you to develop, preview and test web pages that are planned for the upcoming weeks or months.
For more information on how mLingua can meet your specific globalisation management system needs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.